Friday, July 26, 2013

That Is Not A Good Idea!

That Is Not A Good Idea!
By: Mo Willems

This picture book is great! The art, the characters, the style, and most importantly the twist at the end. One of my friend's said the ending is very M Night Shyamalan, think the movies Sixth Sense or The Village. I crack up when I read this book, and I love reading it to adults and kids. The book is set-up like a silent movie and very vaudeville in style. The facial expressions on the characters are expressive, as they usually would have to be in silent movies. It is about a fox and a goose who meet and decide to go for a walk together in the woods, which of course sounds like "That is Not A Good Idea!".

I don't want to give anything away, you'll have to read the book. It really is... a good idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment